Sunday, September 1, 2013

How come I deserve this?


 
How Come I deserve this?

Sometimes I think I am the worst mother in the world. I am forgetful, often stressed out, and sometimes even lose it with my children.
For instance, my five-year-old is the baby of the family, so of course she thinks she rules the roost and likes me to cater to her every whim. Yesterday morning when I attempted to wake her up, she grunted at me, rolled over, and went back to sleep. By the time I finally got her out of bed, I was running late for work and was quite angry. Then she wanted me to get her clothes for her and help her get dressed, although she has been able to do this herself for quite some time. I ended up yelling at her by the time we rushed out the door.
But do you know what she did last night? She came into my room and gave me the biggest hug and kiss and said. "I am so lucky to have a mom as great as you!" Now, I KNOW I did not deserve that.
Being a mom is such a humbling experience. No matter how many mistakes we make, our children still love us - every day. No matter how badly we mess up, our children always forgive us, always have time to give us a hug and kiss goodnight, and still think THEIR mom is the best. My children have taught me so much. They have taught me that is it never to late to say "I'm sorry." They have taught me that hugs heal. They have taught me that I am worthy of their love. But most of all they have taught me that mothering matters.

Source; "Mom you make a difference" Author Susie Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and involvement in PWM. However, please know that any rude, or spam type comments will be immediately deleted.